|Based on NTA Salary Scale - (Grade D/ Step 1-5)
|No. Of Jobs:
|Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC)
|Years of Experience:
|30 Jun, 2021
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GIRoA, especially MoLSAMD’s Martyrs and Disabled Division (MDD), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Health Officer to perform the following functions-
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate and ensure delivering high quality emergency and follow up health care services to victims of war through specialized health facilitates in public and private health sector.
- Provide quality narrative reports to country health lead and statistics report to country data management unit.
- Establish an effective coordination and communications leading to smooth running of health program activities in Kunar and the relevant provinces the east region.
- Conduct field visits to identify the war affected injured people and start immediate health care assistance process.
- Ensure availability of reliable data at both east and provincial levels to enable informed decision making!
- Collaborate in forming emergency preparedness plan relating to the areas of responsibility.
- Manage and coordinate the psychosocial support services with attention to special needs of COMAC program component of health assistance.
- Conduct screening and assessment of beneficiaries affected by war and develop referral plan for individualized and group counseling in a nearby PSS center.
- Develop and implement record keeping mechanisms for all beneficiaries and activities carried out.
- Develop and maintain referral mechanisms and collaboration with all stakeholders in the area of psychosocial well-being.
- Ensure that confidentiality of beneficiaries is always protected.
- Establish effective coordination and communication with counseling centers.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually activity report including all psychosocial statistics.
- Conduct home visits to provide further psycho-social support when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and certificate in Psychosocial counseling with 5 years relevant experience in medicine and psychosocial.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complexity related to refugee and IDP situations.
- Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments.
- Working experience delivery of psychosocial services referral. coordination and/or counselling provision for affected individuals.
- Experience and knowledge of community-based delivery of psychosocial services.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with conflicted affected communities.
- Experience in monitoring of the referrals and establishing connections with PSS providers.
- Experience in gender, human rights, GBV is desirable.
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto required: read, write, and fluent conversation.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with national and international staff, in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to travel within project areas as required.
- This will be a Kandahar based position with expected travel up to 50%.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply